About CCC Confer
CCC Confer is a grant funded project from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office established in 2001. CCC Confer is designed for online collaboration using the latest web conferencing technology, and meets ADA standards and Section 508 accessibility serving the California Community College system. We are located at Palomar College in San Marcos, California.
CCC Confer provides the opportunity to present online:
- Office hours
- Administrative and organizational meetings
- System-wide presentations
- Employee trainings
We also offer a conference call only service when an online meeting is not needed.
Features and Functionality
Online rooms offer a wide variety of features, available anytime you connect to a room.
Some of the most popular features include:
- A toll-free number, or cell phone number, and passcodes providing access control for connecting to the telephone conference line and online room.
- Whiteboard Screens: Using a tool set you can write on a blank screen, point and highlight content on PowerPoint slides and images to keep participants focused on screen. Connect adjunct tablets for easier writing, which appears on the Whiteboard screen.
- Application Sharing: Share content to teach or collaborate using any desktop program including Word, Excel, PDF, course management systems and websites. Work on the applications in real-time; pass control to participants to work on your programs.
- Web Tours: Participants view your navigation of websites.
- Text Chat: Everyone can send public and private chat messages as an additional or alternate means of communication.
- Record: Include content, conversation, and text chat in a recording for sharing, posting to your own website or LMS, and upload into your 3CMedia Solutions account.
- Accessible: Meets standards for Deaf or hard of hearing, and Blind or low vision individuals.
Conference call only services include:
- A toll-free number, or cell phone number, and passcodes for connecting to the telephone conference line.
- Conference line features include, but are not limited to, lecture mode, mute tones, and record the call.
- Available 24/7 for live sessions and access to recorded sessions.
- Easy to use for instructors, only the internet and a computer is required.
- Easy to attend for students, only the internet, a computer or a mobile device is required.
- Cost effective: grant funded, no charge-back to the college, faculty, staff, or students.
- Save travel expenses by meeting online; hold virtual ‘conferences’.
- Serve students where geography may prevent them from coming to campus.
- Serve students with accessibility requirements for hearing and visual support.
- Meet one on one, or with large groups.
- Easily manage scheduling challenges by meeting for shorter periods of time, more often.
- Offer counseling and tutoring services.
- Enable, facilitate, and encourage learning using interactive room features.
- Preserve classes and presentations by recording sessions.
- Convert CCC Confer recordings to movie files (mp4) for uploading to 3CMedia Solutions.
- Live support and website resources and recordings are available.
- Provide training to faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
Other TTIP South Projects: